In our second installment from Licensed Counselor Shamika Packer, she offers some advice on how we can talk to our kids about the pandemic.
- Limit kids’ exposure to social media and the news.
- Be open and honest. We don’t have all the answers and it’s okay for them to know that. Trust your gut in how you communicate with your children.
- Focus on the positive. Find interactive and creative ways to be with your kids. For instance, you can learn about the immune system together. Consider starting a gratitude journal to switch the focus from negative to positive things.
- Coloring page about coronavirus
- Why We Stay Home by Samantha Harris and Devon Scott. Harris and Scott are medical school students who have written a series of free downloadable books making health care accessible to children starring Millie and Suzie.
- Hello, My Name is Coronavirus by Manuela Molina
- Gratitude Journal